Thursday, January 28, 2010

Black-Eyed Susan with Insect #2


Last summer I posted a version of this photo where the flower and insect were colored a bright red after processing in Lightroom 2 with a split tone preset.  I thought the interpretation was interesting and, amazingly, none of my purist pals caught on that the red color was entirely false.  Armed with a new arsenal of tools from Nik, I thought I'd to the original for another go.  The colors here are fairly close to accurate, except for a little help I gave to the dull brown bug using two Nik Vivenza control points.

Technical: Nikon D700, Nikkor 24-85mm f2.8-4, ISO 200, 85mm @ f/4.0 @ 1/80s, macro mode, handheld.  RAW file processed in Lightroom 2.6 to crop and apply Nikon Landscape camera calibration, the edited in Nik Dfine to reduce noise.  Nik Vivenza was used to color the insect red and adjust structure.  Finally I added noise back for a faux-Fresson effect using Nik Color Efex Pro.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Preston, love you photos, I check them out every day here in Ireland! Peter Kelleher

Preston Page Photography said...

Thank you so much for the kind words, Peter!