After looking at some pictures made with the Lens Baby system, I wondered if the effect could be could be duplicated with tools in Nik Color Efex Pro. The steps to make the picture include:
- Combine three 1-stop brackets in Nik HDR Efex using the "Vibrant Landscape" preset.
- In Photoshop CS5, apply lens correction and adjust levels
- Crop to 1:1 in Lightroom 3, adjust saturation and vibrance
- In Nik Color Efex Pro, apply the "Selective Focus" tool for the Lens Baby look
- In Nik Color Efex Pro, apply a "Fresson" preset based on the "Film Effects" tool
- Convert to monochrome in Nik Silver Efex Pro 2, using an X1 filter and coffee toner
Starting with the output from step #5 above, the "Colorize" tool in Nik Color Efex Pro created this muted color version.
The output from step #3 is a very natural looking HDR image.
|Lens:||AF NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8D IF-ED "Leni Lens"|
|Exposure:||ISO 200, 2 brackets around f/2.8 @ 1s, Daylight WB, RAW|
|Support:||Gitzo Basalt Tripod, Acratech GP-2, RRS L-Bracket|
|Location:||Home Studio GPS|
|Dates:||Capture - August 1, 2010, Processed May 28, 2011|
|Processing:||Lightroom 3, Photoshop CS5, Nik Suite Tools|