Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lafayette Park Entrance #7


The oppressive heat and humidity, yellow quality air and long work days have me longing for my favorite weather, namely 38F with fog and drizzle.  So to, cool off via sense memory, I decided to revisit one of my earliest digital pictures (#245 to be exact, one month into my adventures with a DSLR) made under those ideal conditions. I've been through several generations with this picture, but I'm finally happy with this tightly cropped, high contrast, the sepia and blue split tone version.  The workflow for this involved quite a few steps, but hey, I can feel the chill...

Camera: Nikon D100 
Lens: AF Nikkor 24-85mm f/2.8-4D IF (my workhorse)
Exposure: ISO 200, 85mm @ f/16 @ 1/20s, tripod, cable release, RAW
Lighting: Dusk Daylight, Auto WB. Set to tungsten WB for day-for-night effect
Location: Lafayette Park, St. Louis, MO GPS
Processing: RAW in Lightroom 3, Photoshop CS5, Nik SilverEfex Pro.

No comments: