Saturday, May 8, 2010

Fallen Tulip Petal #1, Monochrome


I can't resist trying B&W versions of flower pictures, possibly due the influence of Karl Blossfeldt's amazing book, Urformen de Kunst - 1928, which might not have been as compelling had color film been available to him.  As a bit of trivia, I've read several places that Blossfeldt's masterwork is the best selling photography book of all time.  I have a great Tachen version, Karl Blossfeldt: The Complete Published Work, that I visit frequently.

I had a blast shooting a heap of dead tulips, and would like to give public thank to my wife, Susan, for bringing them into the house,  pointing out their spectacular demise and suggesting that I might like to take some pictures.


Camera: Nikon D700 
Lens: Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8
Exposure: ISO 200, f/45 @ 1/3s, tripod
Location: GPS
Processing: DNG in Lightroom 2.7 and Nik Silver Efex Pro

No comments: