Many thanks to makeup artist Sarah Lynn and model Trisha Bradshaw, who lent their considerable talents to me today to make some pictures. Trisha and Sarah did such a great job, I have about 100 picks to sift through. I was eager to start processing, so I picked, almost at random, this very last shot of the day. We shot this on the fire escape of the Grand Center Artist Studios. Light is a mix of ambient and the D700 pop-up flash. I followed these processing steps:
- Nik HDR Efex tone mapping using the "Granny's Attic" preset as a starting point.
- Adjusted Levels in Photoshop CS5
- Some localized color and brightness correction in Nik Vivenza
- Add the "CSI Miami" glamor glow in Nik Color Efex Pro
- Applied a "Color Isolate Red" develop preset in Lightroom 3, as well as some burning and dodging.
- The sepia/blue split tone below was processed in Nik Silver Efex Pro.
The picture needs some refining before I make prints, but I was eager to share the work in progress. I was not expecting to channel Helmut Newton, but apparently I can't help it :) More to come...
|Lens:||AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G|
|Exposure:||ISO 200, f/4 @ 1/60s, Auto WB, RAW|
|Lighting:||Ambient night plus on camera flash|
|Location:||Grand Center Artists' Studios|
|Dates:||Capture - February 19, 2011, Processed - February 19, 2011|
|Processing:||Lightroom 3.3, Photoshop CS5, Nik HDR Efex, Nik Silver Efex Pro, Nik Color Efex Pro|