Saturday, February 19, 2011

Trisha Bradshaw - Sin City Version


Many thanks to makeup artist Sarah Lynn and model Trisha Bradshaw, who lent their considerable talents to me today to make some pictures.  Trisha and Sarah did such a great job, I have about 100 picks to sift through.  I was eager to start processing, so I picked, almost at random, this very last shot of the day.  We shot this on the fire escape of the Grand Center Artist Studios.  Light is a mix of ambient and the D700 pop-up flash. I followed these processing steps:

  1. Nik HDR Efex tone mapping using the "Granny's Attic" preset as a starting point.
  2. Adjusted Levels in Photoshop CS5
  3. Some localized color and brightness correction in Nik Vivenza
  4. Add the "CSI Miami" glamor glow in Nik Color Efex Pro
  5. Applied a "Color Isolate Red" develop preset in Lightroom 3, as well as some burning and dodging.
  6. The sepia/blue split tone below was processed in Nik Silver Efex Pro.

The picture needs some refining before I make prints, but I was eager to share the work in progress.  I was not expecting to channel Helmut Newton, but apparently I can't help it :)  More to come...

Technical
Camera: Nikon D700
Lens: AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G
Exposure: ISO 200, f/4 @ 1/60s, Auto WB, RAW
Lighting: Ambient night plus on camera flash
Support: Handheld
Location: Grand Center Artists' Studios
Dates: Capture - February 19, 2011, Processed - February 19, 2011
Processing: Lightroom 3.3, Photoshop CS5, Nik HDR Efex, Nik Silver Efex Pro, Nik Color Efex Pro

No comments: