Thursday, December 9, 2010

Nautilus Shell #3, iPhone HDR


This is a slightly different take on the backlit nautilus shell that I think better preserves the effect.  The Lightroom 3.3 update included a lens profile for the Apple iPhone lens, which I applied.  Nik HDR Efex provided the extra texture given the two iPhone HDR shots.


This monochrome conversion is from Nik Silver Efex Pro using a split tone preset I made for still life subjects.


I liked the hand coated paper look of the Instgram picture and remembered that I have the OnOne Edge Effects free version.  This is the "Controlled Grunge" frame I applied in Photoshop after laying down a 2.0 Gaussian blur.

Technical
Camera: Apple iPhone 4
Lens: Apple 3.85
Exposure: ISO 500, f/2.8 @ 1/17s, Auto WB, JPEG
Lighting: Window light
Support: Handheld
Location: Grand Center Artist Lofts GPS
Dates: Capture - December 2, 2010, Procesed - December 9, 2010
Processing: Lightroom 3, Nik HDR Efex, Nik Silver Efex Pro

No comments: