Sunday, December 5, 2010

Shadows #2


The strong shadow abstracts by Man Ray, Ralph Gibson and Ernst Haas are among my favorites.  I stumbled upon this hatch on a rusting steel tug boat dock along the Missouri River.  For the color version, I used a custom preset I made for landscapes Nik HDR Efex, then applied my "CSI: Miami" effect in Nik Color Efex Pro.


This monochrome version comes from Nik Silver Efex Pro and a custom preset I made that applies a green filter and sepia/blue split tone.

Technical
Camera: Nikon D700
Lens: Nikkor AF 24-85mm f2.8-4 IF
Exposure: ISO 200, 30mm @ f/11 @ 1/500s, Auto WB, RAW
Lighting: Daylight
Support: Handheld
Location: Missouri Riverfront, Pioneer Park, St. Charles
Dates: Capture - June 28, 2009, Procesed - December 4, 2010
Processing: Lightroom 3, Nik HDR Efex, Nik Silver Efex Pro, Photoshop CS5

No comments: