Saturday, December 18, 2010

Staircase #2, HDR


For those familiar with the venue, yes, I took some liberties with the appearance of this staircase at St. Louis University Museum of Art.  I thought I'd try the Photoshop CS5 content aware brush to remove a statue that sat dead center on the floor.  The tool created some twisted tiles that I rather liked.  The next step was to add some grunge by processing the single image in Nik HDR Efex to exaggerate texture.  Finally, Nik Vivenza brightened the picture about 10%.


The monochrome conversion is from Nik Silver Efex Pro using a custom preset I call "Leica I" that emulates the fine grain 35mm film stock and silver rich paper available circa 1930, with blue/sepia split tone added in Lightroom 3.3.

Technical
Camera: Nikon D700
Lens: Nikkor AF-S 50mm f1.4 G
Exposure: ISO 400, f/5.6 @ 1/8s, Auto WB, RAW
Lighting: Window daylight
Support: Handheld
Location: St. Louis University Museum of Art GPS
Dates: Capture - October 9, 2010, Processed - December 18, 2010
Processing: Lightroom 3.3, Photoshop CS5, Nik HDR Efex, Nik Silver Efex Pro

No comments: