Saturday, March 6, 2010

Back Yard Fall Color Variations



This past year, my plans to seriously shoot the fall foliage never came to pass, but I did manage to grab a few shots from my back yard of this line of trees along Fish Pot Creek.  I've been working on sorting and archiving this weekend, and came across this shot.  The picture has a little clean up with Nik tools, but the colors were naturally saturated by the setting sun.

 
When the light is relatively flat on foliage, I like to see what a monochrome conversion with the contrast kicked up looks like.  While this version has no indication of fall, I like how "silvery" the leaves became.


Because it is almost as easy a clicking a button, if I'm in Nik Silver Efex Pro anyway, I try a solarization.  This version that looks has that line drawing or etching I thought was interesting enough to share.

Technical: Nikon D700, Nikkor 24-85mm f2.8-f4, ISO 200, 70mm @ f/8.0 @ 1/20s, handheld.  RAW file processed in Lightroom 2.6 and Nik Software Complete Collection.

No comments: