Sunday, August 29, 2010

Avocado, HDR w/Nude Preset


First, let me mention the new theme for this blog.  I was re-reading "The Print" by Ansel Adams and he was of the opinion that photographs were best viewed against a dark gray wall.  This blog theme is starts with gray and adds colors from the Gitzo Basalt line of tripods.
For the Dominique nudes, I developed a Silver Efex Pro preset that I labeled "Grainy Nude", applied here to the avocado.


Camera: Nikon D700 
Lens: AF Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8D
Exposure: ISO 200, f/22 @ 0.8s median of five 1 stop brackets, tripod, cable release
Lighting: Calumet Quattro daylight fluorescent lamps
Location: My house
Processing: Lightroom 3, Photoshop CS5 HDR Pro, Nik Silver Efex Pro

2 comments:

benjamin gandhi-shepard said...

I like this effect more. Interesting contrast between sharpness and grain.

Preston Page Photography said...

When I was shooting film, I never dreamed I'd miss grain. Now I find that it adds quite a bit to some subjects in terms of making pictures more lively.