Saturday, August 7, 2010

Vase #1 - HDR

Based on my further adventures in HDR, I wanted to come back to the vase I shot earlier today.  My first impression was  that the default Photoshop HDR Pro image was way too flat to use as-is, which I think will always be true.  For my first riff on processing this image, I used solarization to pump up the contrast.  For this second effort, I ran the originals through the HDR process again, using my new custom preset, then tweaked the tone curve and applied a sepia/blue develop preset.  

Camera: Nikon D700 
Lens: AF NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8D IF-ED "Leni lens"
Exposure: ISO 200, f/11 @ 2.5s, tripod (Gitzo Basalt GT2830 and Gitzo GH2781QR ball head)
Lighting: Window light 
Location: My house
Processing: Lightroom 3, Photoshop CS5 HDR Pro

No comments: