Sunday, August 1, 2010

Dying Sunflower #1, Color Solarization



Last Sunday, on the occasion of the 5th Annual St. Louis City Wide Open Studio Tour, we had our doors open and my brother and sister-in-law dropped by with a lovely bouquet to celebrate the occasion.  This Sunday, the bouquet had ripened nicely and the sunflowers were ready for their close-up.  I planned out the first set for color solarization, marking the first time I shot specifically for the process.  Also a first today, I used my new Gitzo Basalt tripod and head, which performed beautifully.

Camera: Nikon D700 
Lens: AF NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8D IF-ED "Leni lens"
Exposure: ISO 200, f/22 @ 0.6s, tripod (Gitzo Basalt GT2830 and Gitzo GH2781QR ball head)
Lighting: Window light 
Location: Grand Center Artist Lofts GPS
Processing: Lightroom 3 and Nik Color Efex Pro  

No comments: