Thursday, September 2, 2010

Dominique #7



Dominique is holding one of her belly dancing veils.  After reading four books about Man Ray, I thought his more subtle solarization technique.  Nik Color Efex Pro provided the monochrome solarization and Lightroom 3 applied my custom split tone develop preset.

Camera: Nikon D700 
Lens: AF Micro-Nikkor 105mm f2.8 D
Exposure: ISO 200, f/5.6 @ 1/2s, tripod, tethered, RAW
Lighting: Two Calumet Quattro Fluorescent Beauty Lights 
Location: Grand Center Artist Loft Studios GPS
Processing: Lightroom 3 and Nik Silver Efex Pro  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like this shot and think it is mostly successful but... Along the edge of her right wrist, there is too much going on. I assume that she was holding the veil with both hands and that the extra detail there is the veil? I think the shot would be cleaner if there was a simple line between her right wrist and her body.

Overall I like the effect.

my two cents offered at half price

Preston Page Photography said...

Thank you for your comment, Michael. The main reason I post on this blog is to park an image for a while to get some distance and gather feedback before I polish it for printing. Your constructive critique is most welcome!