Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dying Sunflower #10 HDR


This picture is my first attempt at using a five picture bracket for HDR.  It i hard to tell in the JPEG here, but the tonal mapping is very long.  After cropping to a square, the HDR composite is nearly the equivalent of a 40 mega-pixel capture, like maybe from the mid-range Hasselblad HD-40.  The background is crumpled black felt that had so much detail that it needed to be burned in about 2 stops.
 
 
The monochrome was created in Nik Silver Efex Pro, with Wratten #25 red filter applied.  The blue/sepia split tone is from Lightroom.


I have a color-isolate red Lighroom develop preset that can be interesting.  I'm not sure what I think about this one, though.


This is the first time I used my new Acratech GP ball head.  The experience was a pure delight.  


Camera: Nikon D700 
Lens: AF Micro-Nikkor 105mm f2.8 D
Exposure: ISO 200, five brackets around f/22 @ 3s, Auto WB, tripod w/Acratech GP ball head
Lighting: Fluorescent Photo Daylight
Location: Home studio 
Processing: Lightroom 3, Photoshop CS5 HDR Pro, Nik Dfine, Vivenza, Color Efex Pro and Silver Efex Pro

No comments: