Thursday, November 4, 2010

Red Sunset, HDR Stitched Panorama Test #1


The fall colors were very dull this year due to record dry weather.  However, we've had some blazing red sunsets.  This is a view from my back yard at dusk and is my first attempt at a stitching a panorama from HDR images, made from five brackets at three positions, for a total of 15 shots.  The brackets were processed in Nik HDR Efex with a preset I made for this purpose.  I used Photoshop CS5 to stitch the three HDR pictures.  I reckon this picture has the resolution equivalent of 100 mega pixels.


The monochrome was processed in Nik Silver Efex Pro, with the split tone applied in Lightroom 3.


Lens: AF Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 D 
Camera: Nikon D700
Exposure: ISO 200, five brackets around f/13.0 @ 1/20s, Auto WB, tripod
Lighting: Daylight, dusk
Location: My house
Dates: Capture - October 29, 2010, Processing - November 1, 2010
Processing: RAW file in Lightroom 3, Nik HDR Efex, Nik Silver Efex Pro, Photoshop   

No comments: