Friday, January 14, 2011

AT&T Building - HDR Series


So I'm having a blast turning the view from Kiener Plaza into my own "Dark City" world with single image tone mapping.  Next up is the AT&T building, processed in Nik HDR Efex using the "Turquoise Night" preset as a starting point.  Levels and curves were adjusted in Photoshop CS5 and lens correction was applied.  Finally, I added the "CSI Miami" glow in Nik Color Efex Pro.    


The monochrome conversion is courtesy Nik Silver Efex Pro, using a red filter and sepia/blue split tone.


I'm trying a solarized version of each picture in the series.  This is my least favorite of the three, perhaps because the clouds are too harsh.

Technical
Camera: Nikon D700
Lens: Nikkor AF 24-85mm f2.8-4 IF
Exposure: ISO 200, 35mm @ f/4.5 @ 1/1600s, Auto WB, RAW
Lighting: Morning daylight
Support: Handheld
Location: Kiener Plaza, St. Louis GPS
Dates: Capture - April 11, 2010, Processed - January 14, 2011
Processing: Lightroom 3.3, Photoshop CS5, Nik HDR Efex, Nik Silver Efex Pro, Nik Color Efex Pro

3 comments:

benjamin gandhi-shepard said...

You're on another roll with this series Preston. Very cool work.

Preston Page said...

Thank so much, Ben. It is a bit hit or miss, but I'm learning quite a bit with these tests. I'm trying to figure out how Helmut Newton was able to transform, say, a beautiful resort into an parallel universe that is moody and menacing. It is much harder than I at first imagined.

anna said...

Coach Hobos Bags.Those are the awesome shops I wanna tell you guys Movado Bold,Baby Carriers I mean I am serious for this, you can just simple choose this option and pick what you want,power balance,winter boots,ecco shoesyou can just simple choose this option and pick what you want.Bakugan Toys.coach outlet store.