Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Reflections in HDR Redux - Fourth Image in the Trilogy


I'd like to give a big thank you to my pals who took the time to critique my post from yesterday.  Here is, I think, my final version of this shot,  influenced primarily by Ben, Ray and Susan.  Though not unanimous, the solarized version go eight nods, and it was my favorite.  I started over from the base color HDR shot.  It took several extra steps get rid of the white framing, an artifact of the solarization process, that Ray and others found distracting.  Further darkening the sky was a suggestion from Susan.  I worked harder than usual on the blue/sepia split tone.      


Here is the unvarnished RAW file.  So long, and thank you for all the fish!

Technical
Camera: Nikon D700
Lens: AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G
Exposure: ISO 200, f/8.0 @ 1/320s, Auto WB, RAW
Lighting: Morning daylight and shade
Support: Handheld
Location: Kiener Plaza, St. Louis GPS
Dates: Capture - April 11, 2010, Processed - January 10, 2011
Processing: Lightroom 3.3, Photoshop CS5, Nik HDR Efex, Nik Silver Efex Pro, Nik Color Efex Pro

1 comment:

benjamin gandhi-shepard said...

Wow, you really took that original the distance! Nice work.