Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sand Beach on the Meramec River, HDR Variations


For a project I'm tentatively calling "Dark City", I established a processing workflow.  So far I've been using it only on cityscapes, but I thought the muted jewel tone color transformation might work on some natural landscape.  This series is my first experiment.  The processing steps: single image tone mapping in Nik HDR Efex, levels adjustment in Photoshop CS5, tweak in Nik Vivenza, crop in Lightroom 3 and apply a small amount of glow in Nik Color Efex Pro.      


Monochrome with blue/sepia split tone created in Nik Silver Efex Pro.


Back in Nik Color Efex Pro to make a Polaroid Transfer, just for fun.  I like how it looks more painterly, sort of like a water color.

Technical
Camera: Nikon D700
Lens: AF NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8D IF-ED "Leni Lens"
Exposure: ISO 200, f/8.0 @ 1/500s, Auto WB, RAW
Lighting: Morning daylight
Support: Handheld
Location: Castlewood State Park GPS
Dates: Capture - April 11, 2010, Processed - January 23, 2011
Processing: Lightroom 3.3, Photoshop CS5, Nik HDR Efex, Nik Silver Efex Pro, Nik Color Efex Pro

No comments: