Sunday, September 20, 2009

Linda Keaton, 1992



A survivor from my old fashion and beauty portfolio.   The model is Linda Keaton, hair and make-up by Jackie Hicks and I wore the art director hat.  We made the shot for our portfolios, and it was successful in opening some doors for us, I'm happy to say.

I decided to make digital copies of some old prints.  The exercise demonstrated that I really need a proper copy board and calibrate my camera.

Technial: Hasselblad 500 CM, Zeiss Sonnar 150mm f/4, Agfa 25 film, north window light + Broncolor studio strobe, f/5.6 @ 1/8s, handheld to get slight flash blur, printed on Agfa Portriga Rapid Grade 3, Kodak Selenium Toner 1:32.  Copied with a Nikon D700, Nikkor 50mm f14 G, ISO 200, f/5.6 @ 1/40s, lit with twin Flashpoint 5500K 85w fluorescent banks.

3 comments:

David said...

It'd be interesting to see some "now and then" shots with your past models.

Preston Page Photography said...

That would indeed be an interesting project, but tracking down retired models is a daunting task.

Ray Meibaum said...

great shot!